Suffolk School of Christian Studies is a training programme that has come from a group of Pastors and leaders who meet each month in Framlingham. We are thoroughly evangelical and committed to keeping the Bible at the heart of our ministries. We are passionate about equipping God’s people to more effectively understand and communicate God’s Word in their local context and this is the reason for the Suffolk School of Christian Studies.
Initially the plan for SSOCS is to have two sessions running once a month for a year. Session one will help people to teach God’s word and session two will help people to understand the main teachings of the Bible in a more systematic way.
Please feel free to print off the PDF flyer: SSOCS Flyers
We believe in:
1. The inspiration, inerrancy and infallibility of God’s word, the Bible, as originally given. The holy scripture is both vital and clear, and all Christians must submit to its supreme authority and sufficiency, both individually and corporately, in every matter of belief and conduct.
2. The existence of one eternal and immutable God, the Holy Trinity, Creator and Lord of the universe who, in the unity of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit – three Persons who are the same in substance, and equal in power
and glory – governs all things according to his will, and is accomplishing his purposes in the world and in the church.
3. The inherent value of all human beings, made by God in his own image, and their sinfulness and guilt since the fall
of Adam. This has rendered them subject to God’s wrath and condemnation, and has resulted in their alienation from him, from one another and from his creation.
4. The essential, absolute and eternal deity of the Lord Jesus Christ; his conception by Mary of the Holy Spirit; his virgin birth; his real but sinless humanity; his voluntary humiliation and obedience, culminating in his death as a sacrifice for sin; his bodily resurrection from the dead on the third day; his ascension into heaven; his continuing ministry as Prophet, Priest and King; and his coming again in power and glory.
5. Salvation from the guilt, penalty and all consequences of sin solely through the work of Jesus Christ – his perfect obedience, penal, substitutionary death, bodily resurrection and exaltation as Lord. He alone is truly God and truly man, and therefore the only mediator between God and humanity, uniquely able to save completely those who come to God through him. There is salvation through no other person, creed, process or power.
6. The justification of sinners entirely through the imputation of Christ’s righteousness to them and of the guilt and penalty of their sin to him. It is appropriated by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone.
7. The necessity and sufficiency of the work of the Holy Spirit for the individual’s new birth to repentance and faith, union with Christ and growth to maturity, and for the church’s continuous renewal in truth, unity, wisdom, faith, holiness, love, power and mission.
8. The universal church, the body of which Christ is the head, to which all God’s people belong. Its existence reveals God’s ultimate purpose to bring everything together under Christ. It is made visible both in local congregations and in the wider communion of those who profess the true faith. It comprises a people called to declare the praise of the God who saved them, to contend for the faith once delivered to the saints, and to proclaim the gracious offer of salvation to those who are lost.
9. The unity of the body of Christ, as expressed within and between local churches by mutual love, care, encouragement and corporate action. True fellowship between churches exists only where they are faithful to the apostolic gospel.
10.The personal and visible return in glory of the Lord Jesus Christ, in order to raise the dead and bring salvation and judgement to final completion. He will grant eternal life to those who have believed the gospel, and consign those who have not to everlasting punishment in hell. God will then fully establish his kingdom in new heavens and a new earth, from which evil and evildoers, suffering and death will be excluded, and in which he will be glorified forever.
The committee for SSOCS is:
Paul Lintott – Fressingfield Baptist
David Rushbrook – Sudbourne and Tunstall Baptist
Peter Newton – Shepherd Drive Baptist
Adam Blowes – Horham Baptist
Malcolm Magregor – Cauldwell Hall Road Baptist